IT Project Manager - SDLC - Remote|
Maximus is seeking an experienced Project Managers to lead fast paced Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Federal IT contracts.
The Project Manager (PM) provides competent leadership and responsible project/program direction through successful performance of a variety of detailed, diverse elements of software development project management from business requirements analysis, design, software coding, testing, production deployment and burn-in/maintenance. The PM actively directs/ coordinates the efforts of all employees, associated subcontractors, team members, and vendors, managing all work performed for the project, and managing the contract financial performance. The PM assists with overcoming roadblocks that may impact project scope, costs, schedule, quality and risks.
*Position is remote. Ideal candidates will be in Washington DC area or Farmers Branch Texas area. Selected candidate in DC or TX will need to meet with IRS clients on site periodically.
*Position is contingent on funding.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Organize, direct and coordinate the planning and production of all support activities and resource needs and assign duties and responsibilities to staff
• Engage in collaborative communications, both written and verbal, with employees, Government representatives, PMO and Corporate Management as needed
• Effectively develop and deliver monthly management and government status reports
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. This includes other supervisory duties, such as conducting employee reviews and assessments, implementing performance improvement plans, etc.
• Demonstrate competence effectively using data from project management tools to meet required project objectives and reporting requirements
• Simultaneously plan and manage highly technical projects and direct completion of tasks and achieving milestones within project constraints: scope, cost, schedule, quality and risk within estimated time frames and budget constraints
• Ensure compliance with contractual processes and requirements
• Assist with Business Development efforts
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required; an additional four years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
• At least seven (7) years of experience leading large projects across various domains at an enterprise level, meeting schedule, budget, and quality objectives while managing risk, required
• Demonstrated success leading projects across the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience in successfully managing different Federal contract types such as FFP, Cost Reimbursable, T&M and Performance Base both contractually and financially (Tracking actual costs, EACs and forecasting). Including developing and presenting standard and ad hoc reports, and briefings for the customer
• Experience developing positive customer business relationships and positive team member relationships
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment, requiring flexibility, and excellent customer service skills
• Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• PMP Certification
• Managing IRS projects
• IRS SDLC and Enterprise Life Cycle (ELC)
• Agile methodology
Additional Requirements, as per contract/client:
• Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus)
• Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for 3 years, and be Federal Tax compliant