Arts Center Administrator|
Mayo Performing Arts Center (MPAC) in Morristown, NJ seeks an enthusiastic, ambitious and goal-oriented Arts Center Administrator to manage the administrative offices and various special projects at a 1300 seat venue, which presents a wide range of programs that entertain, enrich and educates the diverse population of the region and enhances the economic vitality of Northern New Jersey through the arts.
As a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, MPAC welcomes more than 200,000 patrons to 250 events annually, serves more than 40,000 children through education and outreach programs, has an economic impact of $15 million, and is ranked in the Top 50 performing arts venues in the world per Pollstar, a leading entertainment industry magazine.
At MPAC we encourage and promote open-minded thinking and honest dialogue, and utilize the Arts as a catalyst for cross-cultural collaborations that celebrate and embrace our community’s rich diversity. We also believe in providing equal opportunity to all qualified persons in our recruitment and hiring practices.
The Arts Center Administrator at Mayo Performing Arts Center reports directly to the Manager of Administration, carrying out all office management responsibilities and works alongside the staff on various special projects to further the growth and expansion of the theatre’s administrative operations.
The Arts Center Administrator’s core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervising all office management duties and responsibilities.
• Acting as the first impression of the administrative offices by greeting visitors, accepting deliveries, and a variety of administrative functions as needed.
• Ensuring overall upkeep of the offices and administrative building.
• Maintaining the organization’s calendar, as well as acting as a liaison with each department to coordinate various scheduling and event details.
• Assisting the Manager of Administration with daily operations, activities and projects including coordinating committee meetings and taking minutes.
• Ordering all supplies and materials for the office, and acts as the liaison with vendors, IT company, phone system and office machine maintenance companies.
• Providing overall support to the Executive Staff and working with all departments on special projects, programs and events as needed. A few examples may include:
Working with the Executive Team to enhance internal staff communication efforts, announcements, training opportunities and administrative tasks.
Working with Programming Consultant on the curation of MPAC’s art galleries and related events and programs.
Working with Programming Department on execution of artist contracts and other tasks as needed.
Assisting Operations Department including, but not limited to, rental and guest attraction coordination.
Assisting Marketing Department and other departments as needed. May include data entry and other administrative work.
Working with all departments to enhance the artist and patron experience.
Working with Community Engagement team to develop relationships with diverse audiences and further MPAC’s outreach and initiatives in the community.
Working theatre events and programs when needed.
Assisting Education Department with internship program.
Qualifications & Requirements
Qualifications and requirements are as follows:
• Excellent communication, writing, proofreading and computer skills.
• Strategic thinker/planner, detail oriented, organized and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, work under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• A positive, energetic self-starter, as well as a team player with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with good judgement and decision making.
• Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends if required.